Welcome to my site. I will be your tour guide on your exciting adventure learning about Best Sewing Machine. “Exciting?” you are asking yourself. Why, yes! Exciting! There is so much to know and so much to learn about sewing machines.
My goal is to help arm you with the knowledge that you need to choose the very best sewing machine for your needs. Whether you are a beginner or an expert in the world of sewing, it is my hope that you will learn from my site so you can be an informed consumer. After all, knowledge is power.
Best Sewing Machine 2017
I will give you some basic facts about sewing machines, review some of the top machines on the market and give you tips and pointers along the way. This site is not meant to teach you everything there is to know about sewing but it is meant to help you make the best choices when it comes to sewing machines.
If you are in rush, you can check out these Top 10 Best Sewing Machines In 2017, you can also read below this page their features
|Product Name||Brand||Adjustable Speed|
1. Brother CS6000i – The Most Affordable Sewing Machine
I was a bit concerned when I saw how economical this machine is. After all, you know the old saying “You get what you pay for.” But, I should have known better because when you purchase Brother, you purchase an awesome product and that is just what this sewing machine is.
It’s an absolute dream! It’s nothing overly elaborate but it is a great choice for someone with moderate sewing experience looking to try their hand at some more involved sewing projects.
This is an excellent machine with a lower price tag perfect for someone looking for the perfect mixture of value and quality. It is the type of product that you have come to expect from a trusted brand like Brother.
As its name suggests it is chock full of features and is perfect for the novice seamstress because it is easy to use and inexpensive. It is not the top of line nor is it the bottom of the barrel so if you’re looking to try your hand at sewing but don’t want to spend and arm and a leg then this is a great choice for you.
Brother CS6000i Features:
- Free-arm computerized sewing machine; with 60 stitch functions, 7 styles of 1-step buttonholes, and variety of snap-on presser feet
- Computerized stitch selection on LCD screen; with auto threading, tension control dial, and auto-set drop-in bobbin
- 110-volt machine operated with either foot pedal or 1-touch button for start, stop, and reverse stitching; dual LED light
- Accessories include wide table accessory for quilting and more; hard cover case protects in storage
- Machine measures 9-3/4 inches wide by 9-3/5 inches deep by 12-1/2 inches high; limited 25-year warranty
- This sewing machine it’s very easy to use.
- This sewing machine it’s highly durable.
- The price is extremely reasonable.
- There was a tendency for the sewing machine to bunch up the thread on the bottom side
It is so very easy to use and, therefore, is great for someone who is just starting out learning how to sew. Brother CS6000i has a lot of accessories but if you’re just learning to sew you may not even need or want to mess with those just yet.
I found the manual easy to read making it a great resource and not just a paperweight like so many manuals can be. This sewing machine is just, plain and simple, a great deal.
2. SINGER 7258 – An Affordable Investment for the Novice
100 stitches, 10 presser feet and a whole lot more! You will not be disappointed in this machine.
It sews beautifully, is quiet and will make your sewing projects easier and more fun!
This machine is best for people with a little bit more sewing experience. It is a great machine and is full of features and accessories that make it a dream to work with. Fancy stitches, multiple presser feet and a LED screen make this sewing machine a real winner.
You’ll be the envy of all of your friends with this awesome machine. Singer, another trusted and respected brand in the world of sewing machines does not disappoint with this product.
SINGER 7258 Features:
• Push button stitch selection
• Automatic needle threader
• Sewing speed adjustable
• Weighs 14 pound
• 100 stitch pattern sewing machine
- Sews smoothly. Detailed instruction manual. Speed control. Really pretty stitches
- Thread can get too tight and breaks when pulling the fabric out. Set the needle to “up” position and the thread pulls with no problem
If you’re a beginner at sewing or if you’re trying to teach your child or grandchild to sew then you should really consider SINGER 7258 Computerized Sewing Machine. I think you will be so pleased. Don’t be fooled by a high price tag. Don’t spend more for a lesser product!
3. Brother XL2600I – Perfect for Beginners
As an avid sewer this machine is not necessarily for me. However I do think it is a great machine and that it certainly is worth considering for beginners. It’s a great place to start and we all have to start somewhere.
You should be aware of your needs and wants before purchasing, of course.
To be clear: It is basic, basic, basic! There is nothing wrong with that, however. This is a great sewing machine to learn with and you will be pleased with the results you will get as long as you’re looking for simple stitches and your projects are not too complicated.
It is perfect for a teenager or child learning to sew and, like I said, while it won’t do tons of fancy things it WILL do the job. If you are looking for a beginner’s machine then this is may be the way to go. The price is right and the Brother brand will not let you down.
Brother XL2600I Features:
- Free-arm sewing machine with 25 built-in stitches, each with multiple stitch functions; good for novices and everyday sewing projects
- Features needle threader, thread cutter, drop-in bobbin loading, and auto bobbin winding; 1-step auto-size buttonholer
- 110-volt machine operates with foot pedal; light bulb for workspace illumination
- Accessory storage built into free arm; includes 5 accessory presser feet and bilingual user’s manual
- Measures 12-1/4 inches long by 7-3/4 inches wide by 9-3/5 inches high; limited 25-year warranty
- Good value for your money. Reasonable for all of its features and functions.
- User-friendly, light weight and very portable, really a good starting tool for novice sewers.
- The bobbin winding and threading system is straightforward, particularly the threading function, really gives way for faster and smoother sewing.
- Neat stitches as stitches don’t come too far.
- For heirloom and quilting stitches, the machine also offers bridging stitch, rampart stitch, feather stitch, legs stitch and tree stitch.
- Plastic body
- Not recomended for thick fabrics
- Basic function
Brother XL2600I Sewing Machine isn’t really equipped to handle thicker fabrics and can get tangled. It’s just not an unbelievable machine. It requires that you know a little bit about sewing and doesn’t just do everything for you. I guess I’m just an old fart but I kind of like that about it. I will say that it’s not as easy to use as I would like but, at such a low price, it’s hard to really complain.
4. Brother LS2125i – The Everyday Sewing Machine Extradinare
The Brother LS2125i is designed for comfort and ease of use in mind. The sewing machine is lightweight intened for novice swerers who are looking for easy to follow directions and a machine that will handle all the small things. The lightweight size makes this sewing machine the perfect portable device.
The Brother LS2125i offers 10 built in stitches that will help novice sewers start projects without feeling overwhelm with too many stitching options. The compact sewing machine is portable and perfect for beginners who are taking classes.
The Brother LS2125i has a built in storage area, and a three available presser feet. This machine is perfect for light work such as hemming clothing and sprucing up some home decor. The machine uses the traditioanl foot pedal to control the sewing machine and the presser feet come with a easy changable snap design that allows the user to switch between different patterns. This machine comes with many different assecories that will allow for many hours of entertainment and learning.
Brother LS2125i Features:
- Lightweight, portable sewing machine for basic sewing; converts from flatbed to free-arm sew surface
- Offers 10 built-in stitches with multiple stitch functions and automatic 4-step buttonholer; lever provided for reverse operation
- 110-volt machine operates with foot pedal; user-friendly with quick bobbin wind, tension dial, and snap-on presser feet
- Accessory storage built into free arm; light bulb illuminates stitching
- Measures 15 inches long by 6 inches wide by 11-3/5 inches high; limited 25-year warranty
- This machine is light and affordable and comes with tech support and a 25 year warranty
- The machine comes with 10 built in stitches which is perfect for novice sewers
- The machine comes with a variety of different accessories to ensure that the sewer has everything that they need.
- The machine has a built in storage area
- The machine offers an easy threader and a free arm to help with projects
- This machine is not recommended for use in regions that are not supporting 120V AC
- There are many small parts that can become troublesome
So while it is inexpensive and user-friendly in the sense that it is relatively easy to get up and running it can be a pain to keep running. It’s durable but if you can’t get it to do what you want, you won’t be using it very often anyway.
It’s probably the BEST choice for a beginner but if you are an expert you would certainly want something with more features and options.
5. Brother XR9500PRW – The Fashionista Machine
The Brother XR9500PRW sewing machine is a fashionista’s dream machine. This machine offers over 100 built in varieties of stitching that offers any variety of project stitch needed. The sewing machine also offers a unique sewing font feature for fabric monogramming.
The Brother XR9500PRW offers many numerous accessories to ensure that the sewer will have everything that they need to create works of art and fashion. This limited addition sewing machine offers everything that a fashion sewer will need to complete even the most outrageious and creative of projects. The machine comes with a large LCD screen that enables the sewer to know the length between stitches as well as many other valuable bits of information.
The Brother XR9500PRW is intended to withstand even the most extensive use and is ready for a variety of projects. The only thing that limits someone is their own creativity.
These sewing machines ranges from $160-$500 depending on the company that you purchase the machine from as well as the added accesories that you choose to include with your purchase.
Brother XR9500PRW Features:
- 100 Unique Built-in Stitches, Including 8 Styles of 1-Step Auto-size Buttonholes
- Super Easy Bobbin Winding System
- Built In Sewing Font for Basic Monogramming
- Free Arm for Sewing Cuffs and Sleeves
- Comes 140 Stitch Functions
- Brightly Lit LED Work Area
- Comes with included hard cover
- This sewing machine offers over 100 built in stiches that will offer the perfect stitch no matter the project. This includes 55 alphanumeric stitching options for monogramming.
- The sewing machine offers a storage area to keep all of the accessories that come with the machine.
- The machine offers a large table for large projects such as quilting.
- The machine is lightweight and easily portable for fashionistas who are always on the go.
- This sewing machine is not recommended for use in regions where 120V AC is not supported.
- Customers have reported issues with threading and bobbin features.
Brother XR9500PRW is a great beginner’s machine or a machine for quick fixes around the house. It does have its flaws but none of the flaws are so overwhelming or frustrating that a beginner would give up using it. I mean, sure, a nicer cover would be great but it isn’t really a deal breaker, is it.
The issues with the stitch sizes being a bit off would be a much bigger deal if you plan to use the machine for elaborate projects but for small projects, it’s fine.
6. SINGER 4423 – The Powerhouse Sewing Machine
The Singer 4423 Heavy Duty sewing machine is the powerhouse of sewing machines. This hardworking machine is built to withstand even the most extesive and rigourous of uses. The sewing machine is intended to last the test of time and be able to work on a variety of different projects.
The Singer 4423 Heavy Duty is built with a sturdy metal base that is able to withstand more rigerous use. The Singer 4423 offers easy to follow instructions and is intended for ease of use.
The Singer 4423 Heavy Duty sewing machine ranges from $120-$300 depending on the company that you purchase your sewing machine from. It is one of the most affordable sewing machines on the market. It is built to last and is able to withstand any project that you attempt to do.
SINGER 4423 Features:
• Twenty-three in-built stitches one can choose from
• Adjustable tensions that guarantees stable and consistent stitching
• Heavy-duty motor proving one with an ultra-fast sewing speed of 1,100 stitches per minute
• Inclusive of a 25-year limited warranty, zipper foot, L-screwdriver, quick-start guide and other accessories
• Adaptive for use on heavy fabrics
- This sewing machine can stich over 1,100 stiches every minute which offers sewers the most professional feel with less time. The Singer 4423 sewing machine offers an automatic needle threader that allows for the sewer to save a lot of time and patience.
- The frame is made from a sturdy steel that allows for stability and durability.
- This machine offers an option for skip free sewing as well as 23 built in stiteches for a variety of different projects.
- The sewing machine is bulky and a bit heavy at times which makes portability difficult
A really great little machine. It’s what you expect from a Singer, for sure. I think this is a great machine for a beginner, an intermediate sewer or an expert. It is not the highest quality machine on the market but it’s pretty great for the money and I don’t think you will be disappointed. The manual is a bit confusing so if you are a beginner I recommend you to read it thoroughly.
7. Brother CS5055PRW – The Teen Sewing Machine
If there is one thing that teens are into its fashion. The Brother CS5055PRW is the perfect sewing machine for the potential fashionista in every teen. It offers many outsanding features that make it perfect for teens and for beginner sewers looking for a machine that is fun and easy to use.
This sewing machine is designed with beginners and teen sewers in mind and offers many simple and easy to follow instructions to help anyone get started. The LCD screen allows the sewer to be more informed about every stich that goes into their project as well as help them choose the correct setting.
The Brother sewing machines have long since put out a line of sewing machines that have always been regarded as some of the best sewing machines in the industry. Purchase a Brother CS5055PRW with an easy mind knowing that you are purchasing from a highly respectable company.
The Brother CS5055PRW offers a high end sewing machine at half the cost. The Brother CS5055PRW ranges from $120-$350 in cost depending on the store that the sewing machine is purchased from as well as the accesories that the buyer chooses to customize their machine with.
Brother CS5055PRW Features:
- Lightweight and portable
- One-step bobbin replacement with quick set drop-in bobbin
- Includes 50 built-in stitches
- Easy-view LCD display screen with intuitive stitch selector
- 6 specialty sewing feet
- 25 year limited warranty
- The machine offers over 50 built in stitches that offer enough variety to suit any project
- The sewing machine can easily sew through fleece, elastic and various other materials with ease.
- This sewing machine comes with technical support and a 25 year warranty
- There have been previous technical issues with some models and their threading and bobbin areas.
- This sewing machine is intended for novice and younger sewers. Older sewers might not find as much enjoyment from these machines.
This is a good machine for a beginner or a gift for a teenager. It is cheap, lightweight and quiet. It’s probably the BEST option for a learner or a novice but an expert would NOT be that impressed with this machine.
8. SINGER 9960 -The Easy and Simple Sewing Machine Choice
There is nothing people love more than encountering something that is simple and easy to use. The Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist is one of these such encounters. This sewing machine is designed for ease of use and offers numerous variations of settings so that no matter the level of expertise the sewer possesses they will always find that they are looking for in the Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist.
The unique set up of the Singer 9960 allows for accurate and precise stitching that allows even beginners to feel like they are accomplishing outstanding pieces of sewing art. The Singer 9960 offers an automatic threading system that allows for a quick and easy set up. The automatic threader takes care of both the top and bottom threads to help sewers complete projects more quickly as well as with ease.
The Singer comes with a variety of different accessories that contribute to the all-around ease of use of these sewing machines. One of these impressive features is their larger table platform. This allows for larger products such as quilts to be completed without such a hassle. The LCD display and free arm allow for a more controlled stitch.
These sewing machines range from $320-$700 depending on the company that you purchase your sewing machine from.
SINGER 9960 Features:
- 13 Fully Automatic Perfectly Sized Buttonhole Styles
- 600 Built-In Stitches with Stitch Reference Chart
- Automatic electronic thread trimmer, extra-large sewing space, and a wide array of presser feet.
- Including 13 styles of fully automatic one-step buttonholes
- Extension table with 19 Presser feet
- This sewing machine has over 600 built in stiches that are sure to cover any sewing project the sewer wishes to participate in
- This sewing machine features an automatic needle threader and expertly placed bobbin system that ensures the buyer a quick and easy set up and start
- This sewing machine is not intended to be used in regions that do not support 110 volt sewing machines regardless if there is a converter used.
Some may be wary of computerized machines. A lot of us are “old school” but the computerization of this machine, in particular is very simple and easy to use. You will get the hang of it in no time.
9. Brother HC1850 – Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
The Brother HC1850 is one of the most cutting edge sewing machines available on the market today. Coming from a long line of respectably and highly rated sewing machines the Brother HC1850 offers the most comprehensive and easy experience that can be enjoyed by beginner sewers as well as the more advanced sewers.
The Brother HC1850 comes with many amazing features that not only make life easier it also helps speed up some of the projects that you have been working on. One of the favorite features is that the sewing machine comes with an attachable area known as the table. This overlarge platform allows for larger projects to be conducted such as quilts.
Brother HC1850 Features:
- 130 unique stitches, including 8 styles of 1-step buttonholes, plus 55 alphanumeric sewing stitches
- Large Backlit LCD display screen
- 14 quilting stitch functions, and the ability to do free-motion quilting
- Easy threading, with automatic needle threader
- Attached stitch flip-chart, detachable foot controller, 8 specialty feet for overcasting, buttonholes, blind hems, zippers, quilting
- 25 year limited warranty
- This sewing machine comes with technical support as well as a 25 year warranty
- This sewing machine offers over 130 different built in stitches to keep even the most advanced sewers busy for hours. This feature also ensures that the sewer will always find the right stitch.
- The sewing machine is light weight and sturdy making transport easier on the sewer.
- There have been costumer complaints about the LCD screen not being large enough for certain people to see and read the instructions.
One of the biggest selling points for the Brother HC1850 is that it allows you the flexibility that you want without having to sacrifice precision. The sewing machine even offers basic monogramming stitches to help personalize any piece of material. This includes over 53 alphanumerical characters. The LCD screen attached to the sewing machine is state of the art and allows sewers to really get an understanding of what they are accomplishing.
10. Brother PC420PRW – More Than Fashion
The Brother Project Runway PC420PRW offers one of the most computeralized sewing experiences on the market today. This sewing machine is designed for tech savy indivuduals as well as indivuduals who are always in a hurry. The sewing machine offers many outsanding features such as their exceptional dual LED lighting systme. The Brother Project boasts impressive speeds of over 850 accurate stitches per minute as well as being constructed for a sturdy metal frame.
The Brother Project Runway offers over 294 independent built in stitches that offer the sewer creative freedom without completely overwhelming them. The Brother Project Runway also offers a stop option that allows the student the opportunity to sew without haivng to deal with the foot cleaner issue. The LCD display is one of the best displays available for sewing machines on the market and has a multi-lingual option so that the sewer knows exactly the right stitch and the right pattern every time.
The Brother Project Runway PC42OPRW ranges from $350-$700 depending on the comapny that you purchase the sewing machine from as well as the additinoal accesories that a buyer chooses for their sewing machines.
Brother PC420PRW Features:
- Backlit LCD display with easy-to-use stitch selector
- 294 built-in stitches with 10 styles of one-step auto-size buttonholes and 3 lettering styles
- Professional grade, 294-stitch computerized sewing model delivers couture-level, consistent stitch quality.
- Easy threading, with automatic needle threader
- Comes complete with 11 presser feet, hard case and full set of accessories
- 25-year limited warranty
- This sewing machine offers technical support and a 25 year warranty
- This sewing machine offers over 294 stitches at a speed of over 850 stiches per minute
- You have to adjust the thread tension manually, which requires sewing experience to master.
The Brothers company is a prestigious company that has offered many high end sewing machines for the general public. The Brothers company has a strong repuation for providing some of the best products on the market today. You can feel safe purchasing a Brother Project Runway PC42OPRW knowing that they are purchasing from a company that has had many years of successful costumer service.
The Benefits of Buying a Sewing Machine
Sewing is becoming lost as the years go on and everyone buys their clothes and other textiles from stores that have them shipped over from Asia or India. It is sad to see that it is dying out and it doesn’t have to! If you have an interest in sewing then run with it. An imperfect, homemade baby blanket for instance is infinitely better than a “perfect” store bought one!
Buy a best sewing machine. You won’t regret it. Use my reviews as a guide and speak with friends and relatives about their machines. Ask them what they love (and don’t love) about them. It is a great way to gain information and also to bond with other sewing enthusiasts. After all, sewing has deep roots a communal activity. Just think of the quilting circles of old.
Sewing is a great way to save money from “up-cycling” old clothes, sewing your own blankets, quilts and pillow covers or creating adorable baby clothes. An initial investment in a sewing machine will provide you the opportunity to save hundreds or even thousands of dollars in the long run. Not to mention, sewing gives you the opportunity to get your creative juices flowing and can be a very relaxing hobby.
And, to be clear, it is not a hobby just for women. Plenty of men love to sew too and getting your sons or grandsons involved in sewing early will encourage them to be creative, orderly and to follow instructions. It is a great practice for any young child.
Sewing seems to be somewhat of a dying art. Few young women sew anymore and the skills involved with sewing have not been passed down through the generations like they used to be. Sewing is a valuable skill, however. It saves money, encourages creativity and can be a great way for mothers and grandmothers to bond with the young women (or men) in their families.